Tuesday, March 8, 2011

In Progress: Nue


It's been awhile, but I haven't been resting on my laurels. Well, not the entire time at least. I'm working on a comic, which obviously takes a lot longer to do than these doodles I normally do (especially since I'm trying out a lot of new digital techniques I've never tried before). I'm also working on a charity project that I'll go into in more detail as I get closer to it. It'll be exciting stuff coming up, but not for a little while, so the update schedule is out the window. But I'm really proud of the work I've done here so far, so I'm not planning on ending it any time soon.

This sketch is one I was working on last week but didn't end up too happy with. It just doesn't fit together. I also think it looks too much like the manticore I did earlier (which isn't too odd since the nue is often compared to the manticore or chimera). I want the monsters I draw here to be interesting looking and not start falling back on the same designs I've done before. So I'm going to work on a different one and you'll get it online next week.

No comments: